Crayon Shin-chan takes place in Japan.
Relevant places in the series
- Kasukabe: city in the Saitama Prefecture where the Nohara family lives.
- Tokyo: the capital, the Noharas sometimes visit Tokyo.
- Akita: located in the north of the country, the parents of Hiroshi, Ginnosuke and Tsuru Nohara, live here.
- Kyushu: it is the third largest island in Japan, the parents of Misae, Hisae and Yoshiji Koyama, live here.
- Osaka: Osaka is a large city in Japan, to which the Noharas have gone several times. Hiroshi has gone more often, since his work involved some trips to Osaka.
- Hokkaido: island where the Noharas went on vacation once.
- Kumamoto: city in the island of Kyushu, it is the town of birth of Misae and the Koyama family.
- Ōmiya Station